My mission is to help organizations, communities, donors and volunteers attain their fundraising, digital communications and public relations goals in the most efficient, thoughtful, high-quality manner possible. I am an independent nonprofit fundraising and communications expert with extensive experience working across Texas (and beyond).
Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog was launched in 2011. Based on personal interests and experiences, it shares my work in the “trenches” of nonprofit organizations small and large. Both the wonderful and the challenging moments are discussed. The challenges are meant to help readers learn that while missteps happen naturally in life, one can recuperate and even thrive once you deal with and move past them. Never say never!
The information contained in this blog is provided free of charge as a public service. All rights reserved. Please see the article, “How Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog Works” for details and ground rules.
Organization and Navigation
- The main list of primary articles on Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog may be found by clicking on the drop down menu at the top of the page.
- You might enjoy my series of heartwarming and educational fundraising stories relating to philanthropists with whom I have worked, “A Brief Account.” There are other sections of articles on key topics, as noted in the drop-down menu. Blog posts and outside resources are occasionally included in the main menu, to expand upon those sections and discussions.
- Sign up for posts, Carolyn’s ongoing commentary and “thought pieces,” in the margin.
- Use the “search” box to find information of interest to you. If you cannot find something, please reach out via my secure contact form. In all cases, I share links to outside sources that you may find helpful. But keep in mind, link- and article-sharing does not necessarily indicate formal endorsement of those sources.
- The margins of Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog are updated fairly frequently, as are articles and posts. Return to visit often!
- Looking for information about my work history? See the lower margin for a group of menus devoted specifically to my work. The focus of Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog is first and foremost to share knowledge and information, and secondarily to provide background information about my work (for ease of reference).
- There are no other authors other than Carolyn M. Appleton, nor co-authors. I receive requests to be featured on this blog often. Apologies, but it is all mine (from design and content to ongoing management).
- In January 2022 I switched from SlideShare to ISSUU. Let me know if you have a problem accessing my former SlideShare slide decks or docs. See the ISSUU stack devoted to SlideShare.
My thanks go to the philanthropists who have supported by work over the years. Together, we have made so many wonderful projects come to life, and we have improved the lives of many.
Thank you for visiting!
Carolyn M. Appleton
Photographs in the rotating series of headers were taken by me with an iPhone. Additional imagery – and graphic designs illustrating various pages – originate with Adobe Creative Cloud.
Images at the top of the page in the rotating series of headers were taken by me with an iPhone. Questions? Use the secure contact form to reach me.