Mission and History of Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog
My mission is to help organizations, communities, donors and volunteers attain their fundraising, digital communications and public relations goals in the most efficient, thoughtful, high-quality manner possible. I am an independent nonprofit fundraising and communications expert with extensive experience working across Texas (and beyond).
Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog was launched in 2011. Based on personal interests and experiences, it shares my work in the “trenches” of nonprofit organizations small and large. Both the wonderful and the challenging moments are discussed. The challenges are meant to help readers learn that while missteps happen naturally in life, one can recuperate and even thrive once you deal with and move past them. Never say never!
The information contained in this blog is provided free of charge as a public service. All rights reserved. Please see the article, “How Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog Works” for ground rules, context, diversity and privacy information.
Organization and Navigation
The main list of primary articles on Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog may be found in the margin.
- You might enjoy my series of heartwarming fundraising stories relating to philanthropists with whom I have worked, “A Brief Account.”
- Sign up for posts, Carolyn’s ongoing commentary and “thought pieces,” in the margin.
- Use the “search” box to find information of interest to you. If you cannot find something, reach out via my secure contact form. In all cases, I share links to outside sources that might be helpful. But keep in mind, link- and article-sharing does not necessarily indicate formal endorsement of those sources.
- The articles and thought pieces on Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog are updated fairly frequently. Return to visit often!
- Looking for information about my work history? See the lower margin. The focus of Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog is first and foremost to share knowledge and information, and secondarily to provide background information about my work.
- There are no other authors than Carolyn M. Appleton, nor co-authors. I receive requests to be featured on this blog often. Apologies, but it is all mine (from design and content to ongoing management). All rights reserved.
- To learn how I came to blog, read my article, “Blogging | How I Began, and Why You Should, Too.”
- In 2022 I switched from SlideShare to ISSUU. You can find copies of my presentations and more on ISSUU.
- Photographs in the rotating series of headers were taken by me with an iPhone.
My thanks go to the philanthropists who have supported my work over the years. Together, we have helped many wonderful projects come to life and improved the lives of many.