This list includes my activity on a variety of online platforms, and my work with various software programs.
I post on social personally and do not use an “auto-posting” service. Having become familiar with each platform, I find it easy – and more appropriate given the different audiences of each – to post on them individually and separately. I established my presence on the below platforms myself.
- WordPress | Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog | Est. 2011 | Some 200 nations have visited, normally about 40 to 50 different nations each month
- Artfuel | This is a separate WordPress website and personal project aside from the two primary websites above (the Artfuel website is developed and managed by me, and I registered and own the domain)
- I have created other WordPress websites, among them: Community Presbyterian Church and Port Aransas Art Center
- Adobe Spark Post and Video
- Alignable | Local Austin business platform
- AngelList | I enjoy working with startups and innovators of all kinds, and I have also shared a few innovative projects of my own, for which I would like to secure funding
- Dropbox | For collaborative work in the cloud and secure transfer of large documents
- Facebook page for Carolyn M. Appleton (Professional Work and Volunteering)| Est. summer, 2015 (my private Facebook page was established in 2009)
- I use Gmail, Google Contacts, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Forms, Google Drive, Google Groups, Google Forms, Google Hangouts, Google Maps, Google Photo, YouTube and Google Search | Here is a link to my Google business “website”
- GreatNonprofits and GuideStar| I have my own GreatNonprofits review page. I have also set-up GreatNonprofits profiles, and GuideStar gold seal profiles for organizations like EcoRise Youth Innovations, Austin Free-Net, Texas Sealife Center and the Port Aransas Art Center. If you need help with your GuideStar profile, use the secure contact form to reach me
- Instagram | Photographs and videos are all by me unless otherwise noted
- Nonprofit Tech Club Austin | I have been the lead volunteer coordinator since 2015, and I am the primary platform manager (to read a report, follow this link to ISSUU) | #NPTechClubATX is an affiliate of NTEN: Nonprofit Technology Network and NetSquared (TechSoup Global) | Platform by Bevy Labs
- Phi Kappa Phi (my expert profile)
- Pinterest | I am a regular “pinner” and have had profile visits as high as 60,000 monthly | I “pin” to bookmark topics and articles of interest
- SlideShare | Est. 2010 | More than 65,000+ site visits
- Square (payment processing)
- Tumblr | I have three Tumblrs | This link belongs to my main Tumblr
- Twitter | Est. 2010 with more than 50 nations following at any given time
- Yelp | Personal opinions, some work related and others not | I joined the Yelp Elite Squad in October, 2016 (above “stats” date from September 19, 2018), and I try to be a positive as I can with only a few pointed reviews when I feel the public should be warned
- YouTube | Examples of videos using a variety of platforms are included
I do have interests aside from my primary focus on nonprofit fundraising and social media communications:
- Carolyn’s Arbonne Tumblr (and Carolyn’s Arbonne Page on the Arbonne website)
- Carolyn’s Special Items
- I use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint in my daily work | I have launched and managed email communication programs using Constant Contact, iContact and MailChimp | I have used simple Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and Word tables and charts to manage major gift campaigns with success, and also CRMs like Z2 NEON (and a modest amount of Raiser’s Edge) | I have used WealthEngine on three separate occasions (using Microsoft Access) | I recently added Qgiv online donation processing to my list of skills (platform setup) | I have also become familiar with the planned giving platform, Giving Docs.
- I have experience setting-up and managing giving platforms like Amplify Austin, GivingTuesday, GoFundMe and Crowdrise | If you need help setting up your page and/or managing your online campaigns, let me know.
- My personal page on Facebook is reserved for friends, some going back to grade school days, professional colleagues, family, donors, volunteers and professional advisors (an “open” link is not included)
- Now defunct platforms: RebelMouse, Fundraising Resources (merged with Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog in 2015), and Carolyn M. Appleton, Inc. (merged with Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog in 2019) | If you have questions, use the secure contact form found on this website
I own and have registered my WordPress and Tumblr website URLs (domains), with carolynmappleton.com being primary. All content on those sites and on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, SlideShare, Pinterest, YouTube and the like has been created and is managed by me personally unless otherwise stated.
All rights reserved.