This list includes my activity on a variety of online platforms, and my work with various technologies.
I post on social personally rather than using an auto-posting service. Having become familiar with most social media platforms, I find it easy – and more appropriate given the different audiences and natures of each – to post on them individually and separately. I am also a one-person, full service “shop.” I do subcontract, but rarely (I will do so for bulk mailings, for instance).
- WordPress | Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog | Est. 2011 | Sole author, manager, designer | Global reach (more than 100 annually, and sometimes more than 100 monthly)
- Artfuel | A separate WordPress website and “Angel List” project – an Italian and American partnership – now seeking investors to make Artfuel a reality
- I have created WordPress websites for others, among them (some are still in draft phase, but these are live): Community Presbyterian Church and Port Aransas Art Center
- Adobe Spark Post and Video
- Alignable | Local Austin area business platform
- Angel List | Here I share innovative project ideas of my own!
- Dropbox | For collaborative work in the cloud and secure transfer of large documents
- Facebook page for Carolyn M. Appleton (Professional Work and Volunteering) | Est. summer, 2015 (my private Facebook page was established in 2009) | I have also established, cleaned-up and managed Facebook pages for others (and officially verified them)
- I use several Google products including Gmail, Contacts, Calendar, Docs, Slides, Forms, Drive, Groups, Hangouts, Maps, Photos, YouTube and of course, Search (I have set up and managed a Google My Business page but do not have one myself)
- GreatNonprofits and GuideStar | I have my own GreatNonprofits review page. I have also set-up GreatNonprofits profiles, and GuideStar gold seal profiles for organizations like EcoRise Youth Innovations, TEXSAR, Austin Free-Net, Texas Sealife Center and the Port Aransas Art Center. If you need help with your GuideStar profile, use the secure contact form to reach me
- Instagram | Photographs and videos are all by me unless otherwise noted (personal and professional iPhone photos are displayed)
- ISSUU | Examples of a few of publications and reports in online magazine format
- Nonprofit Tech Club Austin | I have been the lead volunteer since 2015, and I am the primary platform manager (to read a report about our activities through 2017, follow this link to ISSUU) | #NPTechClubATX is an affiliate of NTEN: Nonprofit Technology Network and NetSquared (TechSoup Global) | Platform by Bevy Labs
- PayPal | paypal.me/CMAppleton for those who prefer using PayPal for payments and related financial transactions | I do have a basic account with Western Union, and I do occasionally accept debit cards (including re-loadable ones). I have learned each person and organization has different preferences, hence I am flexible; I do record payments and expenses during the year, and those are monitored for tax purposes by my accounting firm of 20 years, Hahn & Oldham, PC
- Phi Kappa Phi (my expert guest speaker profile) | Elected 1985 and a continuous member since then
- Pinterest | I am a daily “pinner” and have had profile/pin visits as high as 130,000 per month | I “pin” mostly to bookmark articles of interest to me personally, but I am happy visitors find them useful as well
- SlideShare | Est. 2010 | Tens of thousands of visitors in the U.S. and beyond since 2010
- Square | Payment processing option for work projects and for special items (but also see my PayPal and Venmo links on this page)
- Tumblr | I have three Tumblrs | This link belongs to my original and primary Tumblr
- Twitter | Est. 2010 with some 60 nations following at any given time (recently cleaned of 8,000 old “tweets,” leaving only those from approximately one year ago forward)
- Venmo | I use Venmo usually for smaller financial transactions, and my link there is: Carolyn-Appleton
- Yelp | Personal opinions, some work-related | I joined the Yelp Elite Squad in October, 2016. I aim to be as positive, with only a few cautionary reviews (I have always had fairly high readership here, 5,000/month and more)
- YouTube | Examples of videos using a variety of platforms are included
- Zoom | Let me know if you’d like to chat or to have a presentation for you personally, or for your nonprofit, business or other. See my SlideShare page link for topic ideas or peruse Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog. Use the secure contact form to reach me
I do have interests aside from my primary focus on nonprofit fundraising and social media communications:
- Carolyn’s Arbonne Tumblr (and Carolyn’s Arbonne Page on the Arbonne website)
- Carolyn’s Special Items
- I use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint in my daily work | I have launched and managed email communication programs using Constant Contact, iContact and MailChimp | I have used simple Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and Word tables and charts to manage major gift campaigns with success, and also CRMs like Z2 NEON (and a modest amount of Raiser’s Edge) | I have used WealthEngine (wealth screening using Microsoft Access) on three separate occasions | I recently added Qgiv online donation processing to my list of skills (platform set up and management) | I have also become familiar with the planned giving platform, Giving Docs
- I have experience setting-up and managing giving platforms like Amplify Austin, GivingTuesday, GoFundMe and Crowdrise | If you need help setting up your page and/or managing your online campaigns, let me know
- My personal page on Facebook is reserved for friends, some going back to grade school days, professional colleagues, family, donors, volunteers and professional advisors (that link is not shared publicly)
- Now defunct platforms: RebelMouse, Fundraising Resources and Carolyn M. Appleton, Inc. (the latter was merged with Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog in 2019) | I have had Earthlink (earthlink.net) and Yahoo (att.net) email addresses in years past, but I am now solely accessible via Gmail | To reach me, you can also use the secure contact form found on this website
I own and have registered my WordPress and Tumblr website URLs (domains), with carolynmappleton.com being primary. All content on those sites and on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, SlideShare, Pinterest, YouTube and the like has been created and is managed by me personally unless otherwise stated.
All rights reserved.