This list includes my activity on a variety of online platforms, and my work with various technologies.
I post on social personally. Having become familiar with most social media platforms, I find it easy – and more appropriate given the different audiences of each – to post on them individually and separately. I established my presence on the below platforms myself.
- WordPress | Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog | Est. 2011 | Sole author, manager, designer | Global reach
- Artfuel | A separate WordPress website and “Angel List” project now seeking investors to make it a reality
- I have created other WordPress websites, among them: Community Presbyterian Church and Port Aransas Art Center
- Adobe Spark Post and Video
- Alignable | Local Austin area business platform
- AngelList | I enjoy working with startups and innovators of all kinds, and I have also shared a few innovative projects of my own, for which I would like to secure funding
- Dropbox | For collaborative work in the cloud and secure transfer of large documents
- Facebook page for Carolyn M. Appleton (Professional Work and Volunteering)| Est. summer, 2015 (my private Facebook page was established in 2009)
- I use several Google products including Gmail, Contacts, Calendar, Docs, Slides, Forms, Drive, Groups, Hangouts, Maps, Photos, YouTube and of course, Search (I have set up and managed a Google My Business page but do not have one myself)
- GreatNonprofits and GuideStar| I have my own GreatNonprofits review page. I have also set-up GreatNonprofits profiles, and GuideStar gold seal profiles for organizations like EcoRise Youth Innovations, TEXSAR, Austin Free-Net, Texas Sealife Center and the Port Aransas Art Center. If you need help with your GuideStar profile, use the secure contact form to reach me
- Instagram | Photographs and videos are all by me unless otherwise noted
- ISSUU | Examples of a few of my publications
- Nonprofit Tech Club Austin | I have been the lead volunteer since 2015, and I am the primary platform manager (to read a report about our activities through 2017, follow this link to ISSUU) | #NPTechClubATX is an affiliate of NTEN: Nonprofit Technology Network and NetSquared (TechSoup Global) | Platform by Bevy Labs
- Phi Kappa Phi (my expert profile)
- Pinterest | I am a regular “pinner” and have had profile visits as high as 65,000 monthly | I “pin” to bookmark topics and articles of interest
- SlideShare | Est. 2010 | More than 65,000+ site visits
- Square (payment processing)
- Tumblr | I have three Tumblrs | This link belongs to my main Tumblr
- Twitter | Est. 2010 with more than 50 nations following at any given time
- Yelp | Personal opinions, some work-related | I joined the Yelp Elite Squad in October, 2016. I aim to be as positive as I can, with only a few cautionary reviews. I have always had high readership here
- YouTube | Examples of videos using a variety of platforms are included.
I do have interests aside from my primary focus on nonprofit fundraising and social media communications:
- Carolyn’s Arbonne Tumblr (and Carolyn’s Arbonne Page on the Arbonne website)
- Carolyn’s Special Items
- I use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint in my daily work | I have launched and managed email communication programs using Constant Contact, iContact and MailChimp | I have used simple Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and Word tables and charts to manage major gift campaigns with success, and also CRMs like Z2 NEON (and a modest amount of Raiser’s Edge) | I have used WealthEngine on three separate occasions (using Microsoft Access) | I recently added Qgiv online donation processing to my list of skills (platform setup) | I have also become familiar with the planned giving platform, Giving Docs.
- I have experience setting-up and managing giving platforms like Amplify Austin, GivingTuesday, GoFundMe and Crowdrise | If you need help setting up your page and/or managing your online campaigns, let me know
- My personal page on Facebook is reserved for friends, some going back to grade school days, professional colleagues, family, donors, volunteers and professional advisors (an “open” link is not included)
- Now defunct platforms: RebelMouse, Fundraising Resources (merged with Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog in 2015), and Carolyn M. Appleton, Inc. (merged with Carolyn’s Nonprofit Blog in 2019) | I have had Earthlink (earthlink.net) and Yahoo (att.net) email addresses in years past, but I am now solely accessible via Gmail | To reach me, you can also use the secure contact form found on this website
I own and have registered my WordPress and Tumblr website URLs (domains), with carolynmappleton.com being primary. All content on those sites and on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, SlideShare, Pinterest, YouTube and the like has been created and is managed by me personally unless otherwise stated.
All rights reserved.